Research and Markets: Global Spectrum Database
Nov 12, 2012 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gv4d8h/global_spectrum) has announced the addition of the "Global Spectrum Database" subscription to their offering.
Information on 800 operators, prices paid for hundreds of licences, over 80 major economies covered, details of more than 1500 licences, overview of regulatory regimes.
What can the Database be used for
The Global Spectrum Database is an essential tool for anyone who has to make professional judgements relating to the mobile or wireless sector. This includes operators, manufacturers, analysts, bankers, regulators, lawyers and accountants.
1. Giving an instant snapshot of an individual market
Taking the example of of Switzerland, you would want to know:
- Who owns the IMT licences in Switzerland
- How much did they pay
- What technologies do they use
- Who owns the GSM licences
- How much spectrum does each company hold
- In which band
This information is all available in easy to understand Excel spreadsheets:
You can filter, sort and recombine these spreadsheets to create your own tailored analysis.
2. International benchmarking
Information is available for 80 countries so it takes only moments to draw up a global or regional picture. For example:
- When do GSM licences expire in Western Europe
- What wireless broadband licences have been issued in the Americas and how much did they cost
- Because Excel is such a familiar tool in the business environment it is easy to manipulate the data to produce the comparisons that you need.
- To provide further context the database includes a graphic representation of regional spectrum allocations and can easily be combined with authoritative population data provided by specialists at Columbia University and supplied separately at no extra charge.
- How is the information sourced
- The data has researched over the past three years using detailed interviews and publicly available information by the highly respected spectrum engineering consultancy, Aegis Systems. Until now it has been used as an internal resource for the trade association of GSM operators, the GSMA.
- Which countries are covered
Essential for analysing markets and operators valuing companies idenfifying global trends in spectrum bands and technologies planning new wireless businesses or services calculating operators international footprints network planning international benchmarking establshing licence terms and expiry dates.
Key Topics Covered:
Information on 800 operators
Prices paid for hundreds of licences
Over 80 major economies covered
Details of more than 1500 licences
Overview of regulatory regimes
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gv4d8h/global_spectrum
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=20&campaign_id=gv4d8h)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com.
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]