MyRatePlan.com Predicts the Top 5 Most Popular Windows Phone 8 Cell Phones of 2012
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 29, 2012
Today, MyRatePlan.com, the leading mobile phone comparison site on the web, announced the top five most popular Windows Phone 8 devices of the year. In a concerted effort to compete with Google’s Android and Apple’s iPhone, Microsoft has just released the new Windows Phone 8 operating system for smartphones, and the new OS comes standard on many high-end cell phones this holiday season. Based on user demand and sales data, MyRatePlan has ranked what it believes to be the most popular Windows Phone 8 devices of 2012.
Here are the top five most popular Windows Phone 8 devices of the year:
1. Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) – The Nokia Lumia 920 is Nokia’s flagship handset, and perhaps the most advanced Windows Phone 8 device to date. The Lumia 920 features an 8-megapixel rear-facing PureView camera, a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, a 4.5-inch HD display, NFC mobile payment technology (Isis), 4G LTE speeds, and wireless charging. As with the entire Lumia line, the Lumia 920 integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Xbox, Windows 8, and SkyDrive. The phone is also available in a variety of colors.
2. HTC Windows Phone 8X (T-Mobile, AT&T) – The Windows Phone 8X, the flagship device from HTC, is set to be one of this year’s most popular Windows Phone 8 devices because of the great features it brings to the table. The Windows Phone 8X features an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera with a wide-angle lens, Beats audio technology, NFC Isis, 4G LTE data speeds, a dual-core S4 processor, and integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Xbox, Windows 8, and SkyDrive. The Windows Phone 8X from HTC is available on AT&T and T-Mobile.
3. Nokia Lumia 822 (Verizon Wireless) – The Nokia Lumia 822 is the most advanced Windows Phone 8 device currently available for Verizon Wireless. Very similar to the Nokia Lumia 820, the Lumia 822 has its own unique circular shape, and features expandable memory, a 4.3” HD display, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with a Carl Zeiss lens, Skype HD, a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, and also integrates with Microsoft Xbox, Windows 8, and SkyDrive.
4. HTC Windows Phone 8S – Though unreleased, the Windows Phone 8S from HTC looks poised to become one of this year’s most popular Windows Phone 8 devices. The Windows Phone 8S from HTC is the cheaper, more portable version of the aforementioned Windows Phone 8X. The Windows Phone 8S features expandable memory, a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, a 4” HD display, Beats audio, dual-core S4 processor, and integrates with Microsoft products.
5. Samsung ATIV S – Also unreleased, based on Samsung’s sales this year, the Samsung ATIV S looks to become another popular Windows Phone 8 device of 2012. The ATIV S features a 4.8” Super AMOLED display, brushed aluminum chassis, 4G LTE, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera.
Shoppers who want to compare the phones on the list in more detail, as well as compare Windows Phone 8 cell phones in general by price, features and reviews can visit http://www.myrateplan.com/cellphones in order to take advantage of MyRatePlan’s comprehensive yet easy-to-use cell phone compare tools.
MyRatePlan.com, founded in 1999, has been a leader in the consumer and business comparison-shopping arena for over a decade. By developing proprietary tools and calculators, and employing a full-time staff of researchers and writers, MyRatePlan aims to simplify the decision process for buyers across a number of business and household verticals including mobile phones, wireless plans, business phone service, residential phone service, credit cards, insurance, satellite and cable TV, loans, Internet service, web hosting, and more.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/best-windows-phone-8/cell-phones/prweb10187282.htm
(c) 2012 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]