Europe Mobile and M-Commerce Report 2012
Dec 04, 2012 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bzgpds/europe_mobile_and) has announced the addition of the "Europe Mobile and M-Commerce Report 2012" report to their offering.
Normal 0 false false false EN-IE X-NONE X-NONE According to forecasts, approximately one third of all smartphone users in Europe will use their devices to conduct purchases within the next years. M-Commerce will then account for approximately five percent of all retail business. Figures on how many consumers make mobile purchases vary largely across Europe. In the three months leading up to July 2012, approximately 20 percent of all smartphone users in the UK conducted purchases via their mobile phones. In March 2012, ten percent of all mobile phone users in France claimed to have previously made at least one mobile purchase.
Many more indicated that they plan to do so in future. Two thirds of all Belgian online shoppers said in 2012 that they did not intend to conduct purchases via mobile devices. In Italy, the ticketing market is especially benefiting from M-Commerce. 60 percent of all Italians have expressed interest in using mobile devices for this purpose. By 2015, this sector is expected to be worth more than 200 million dollars. M-Commerce is also popular in Spain. 60 percent of all tablet PC users and one third of all smartphone users ordered something with their mobile devices in June 2012.
In Germany, individuals aged 14 to 28 account for most purchases via mobile devices. The share of mobile shoppers increased in 2011 to more than ten percent. Compared to 2011, the number of unique visitors to Otto Group in Germany among consumers who used mobile devices tripled in spring and summer 2012. Between May 2011 and April 2012, in Austria only a single digit percentage figure of smartphone users ordered something via their mobile devices. In 2012, orders via mobile devices increased in Switzerland, with mobile wensites being more significant there than apps.
This report includes detailed information about mobile Internet and M-Commerce for 15 European countries.
- It is expected that approximately 30% of smartphone users in Europe are going to use their devices to shop online in 2017.
- In 2012, the UK is expected to be the European country with the highest share of mobile sales on total online sales, followed by Sweden.
- The share of mobile shoppers on total consumers in Germany increased to more than 10% in 2011, with the age group 14-28 Years accounting for most mobile shoppers.
- In January 2012, mobile operators MTS, VimpelCom and Megafon entered an agreement to further develop M-Commerce in Russia.
- In Q3 2012, almost 20% of consumers in Denmark had shopped via a mobile device, more than in Norway, Sweden and Finland.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
- Net Element International
- Otto Group
- Deutsche Telekom
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bzgpds/europe_mobile_and
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Wireless (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=93&campaign_id=bzgpds), Handsets and Mobile Devices (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=220&campaign_id=bzgpds), M-Commerce (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=221&campaign_id=bzgpds)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]