Research and Markets Adds Report: Digital Economy - E-Health a Vital Service of the Future [Health & Beauty Close - Up]
(Health & Beauty Close - Up Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Digital Economy - E-Health a Vital Service of the Future" report to its offerings.
In a release, Research and Markets noted that report highlights include:
E-health has become an area where key killer applications that utilise truly high-speed broadband networks are emerging and is one example of how broadband is important for social reasons beyond Internet access. BuddeComm believes that the alternative to not embracing e-health is to accept a significantly inferior healthcare service in the future. Countries that are lagging in broadband infrastructure developments are going to face, not just a telecoms dilemma - but, more importantly, they are going to face a health crisis. The following report includes recent industry insights on the e-health sector and also provides global market summary including two case studies. The report is designed to provide current observations which may assist investors, analysts and industry participants in making investment and business decisions.
- E-health is a key area of focus for M2M initiatives
- Cloud computing developments are also being applied to e- health
- M-health is also a growth area, especially wireless consumer monitoring devices
- In late 2012 USAID and the mHealth Alliance joined forces to form a three-year public-private partnership called mPowering Frontline Health Workers
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in Washington has advanced its wireless health care agenda by adopting rules that will enable Medical Body Area Networks (MBANs).
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
(c) 2012 ProQuest Information and Learning Company; All Rights Reserved.
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]