FOWLP & Embedded Die Packages 2012
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bk2zk3/fowlp_and) has announced the addition of the "FOWLP & Embedded Die Packages 2012" report to their offering.
Embedded wafer-level-package activity is expected to pick-up by 2015 above $200M overall driven by major wireless chip players worldwide
FOWLP TECHNOLOGY IS LOOKING FOR NEW DRIVING FORCES BEYOND INTEL MOBILE'S PUSH
After growing fast since Infineon's strong push for eWLB technology commercialization, the FOWLP market activity reached the $100M market valuation last year. This young industry will need to wait for the 2015 - 2016 time frame to reach $200M market as the demand will shift from IDMs to leading fab-less wireless IC players (such as Qualcomm, Broadcom, Mediatek, etc) and will be supported by the solid infrastructure of top 4' major assembly houses.
TWO MAIN OSATs SUPPORTING FOWLP INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY. FOUR MORE PLAYERS TO COME NEXT!
FOWLP is clearly the Middle-end platform of choice for packaging assembly & test OSAT' suppliers of the IC industry, as all implies a simplification and consolidation of the entire packaging, assembly & test and supply chain inside one single factory.
EMBEDDED DIE PACKAGE PLATFORM SUCCESSFULLY ENTERED THE SiP MODULE BUSINESS
Meanwhile, the embedded die in package industry has taken a giant step forward in 2011 since AT&S (AT) and TI (US) started the commercialization of microSiP DC/DC converter modules with critical mass volume, production of >100M units this year, driven by the mobile market. Rohm (JP) and Epcos-TDK (JP) would be the second source of the same microSiP power conversion module in the mobile handset supply chain of RIM (CA). IC substrate suppliers Taiyo-Yuden (JP) and Fujikura (JP) are also getting ready to ramp-up their internal assembly lines for embedded die packaging. This will bring the total number of players to 4 in the near future, with separate supply chains able to support the embedded die in package technology commercialization.
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Analysis of both FOWLP and Embedded die package technologies - Key market drivers, benefits and challenges application by application - Technology roadmaps and manufacturing tool-box related to embedded wafer level packages - - Key equipment: for 200mm / 300mm / Panel manufacturing - - Specific material selection coming from both FE / BE / PCB / LCD areas - Supply chain perspectives, key players and emerging infrastructure for Embedded WLP - - Analysis of the rationales behind the different possibilities of FOWLP and chip embedding implementations (chip first / chip last, single die / multi-die / SiP / PoP module, etc ) - Package cost structure analysis based on real products available on the market
Key Topics Covered:
1. Scope of the Report & Definitions
2. Executive Summary
3. Embedded Die in Substrates of Active ICs & Passive Components
4. FOWLP Technology Development
5. Conclusion & Perspectives
Companies Mentioned: Click the link below to view the full list of companies featured in this extensive report
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bk2zk3/fowlp_and
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Semiconductor (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=102&campaign_id=bk2zk3)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]