Wireless M2M Market Worth $136 billion by 2018 According to New Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
(PR Web Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) February 11, 2013
Despite its low ARPU, the wireless M2M market has become a key focus of many mobile network operators as their traditional voice and data markets become saturated. Likewise, government and regulatory initiatives such as the EU initiatives to have a smart meter penetration level of 80% by 2020 and the mandatory inclusion of automotive safety systems such as eCall in all new car models, have also helped to drive overall wireless M2M connections and revenue.
Consequently we expect the wireless M2M market to account for nearly $136 billion in revenues by the end of 2018, following a CAGR of 23% during the five year period between 2013 and 2018. Eyeing this lucrative opportunity, vendors and service providers across the highly fragmented M2M value chain have become increasing innovative in their strategies and technology offerings which have given rise to a number of submarkets such as M2M Network Security, Connected Device Platforms (CDP) and M2M Application Platforms.
This report presents an in-depth assessment of the global wireless M2M market. In addition to covering the business case, the challenges, the industry’s roadmap, value chain analysis, deployment case studies, and the vertical market ecosystem, vendor service/product strategies and strategic recommendations, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for the wireless M2M market from 2013 till 2018, including an individual assessment of the following submarkets: Network Connectivity, Application Services, Embedded Cellular M2M Modules, Network Security, Connected Device Platforms (CDP), Application Platforms (Application Enablement Platforms, AEP and Application Development Platforms, ADP), Integration Services and Enabling Technologies, across six regions.
Also provided are network connectivity and application service revenue forecasts for the following 6 vertical market segments: Utilities & Smart Grid, Automotive & Transportation, Logistics, Public Safety, Security & Surveillance, Retail & Vending and Healthcare. Historical figures are also provided for 2011 and 2012. The report comes with an associated XLS datasheet covering quantitative data from all figures presented within the report.
The report has the following key findings:
• The wireless M2M market will account for nearly $136 billion in annual revenues by the end of 2018, following a CAGR of 23% during the five year period between 2013 and 2018
• At present, the M2M value chain is highly fragmented with module OEMs, hardware solution providers, application platform providers, device platform providers, and mobile network operators and aggregators/MVNOs all investing across multiple segments of the value chain, whilst still maintaining a key focus on a specific portion
• Signals and Systems Telecom expects the value chain to consolidate in the future, with a smaller number of larger and profitable competitors across the M2M value chain
• The growing presence of wireless M2M solutions within the sensitive critical infrastructure industry is having a profound impact on M2M network security services, a market estimated to reach nearly $1 billion in annual spending by the end of 2018
• Driven by demands for device management, cloud based data analytics and diagnostic tools, M2M software platforms (including CDP, AEP and ADP) are expected to account for $6 billion in annual spending by the end of 2018
The report covers the following topics:
• M2M technology and architecture
• Market drivers and key benefits of wireless M2M
• Challenges and Inhibitors to the wireless M2M Ecosystem
• Wireless M2M standardization Initiatives
• Wireless M2M opportunities, use cases and applications across industry verticals
• Wireless M2M deployment case studies
• Industry, mobile network operator and vendor commitments to M2M
• Wireless M2M industry roadmap: 2013 – 2018
• Wireless M2M value chain assessment
• Key trends in the M2M ecosystem: acquisitions, evolving requirements, business models, cloud based analytics, network security, impact of LTE, IPv6, module costs and price elasticity
• Profiles, market positioning assessment (current strategy, target market and products/services) and strategic recommendations for: embedded cellular module vendors, hardware solution providers, MVNOs/M2M connectivity aggregators, cloud based AEP and ADP providers, CDP providers, Wireless/IT industry incumbents and mobile network operators
• Market analysis and forecasts for the M2M industry’s revenue and network connections:
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx name=219374. Alternatively, you can ask question @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/requestsample.aspx name=219374 before making your final purchase decision.
Key Questions Answered:
The report answers to the following key questions.
• What are the key market drivers and challenges in the wireless M2M ecosystem
• What are the key applications of M2M across industry verticals
• How is the M2M value chain structured, how will it evolve overtime, and what will be its impact on key vertical segments of the market
• What opportunities does M2M technology offer to mobile network operators and other players involved in the value chain And more @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/219374-the-m2m-bible-opportunities-challenges-strategies-industry-verticals-and-forecasts-2013-2018.html
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/wireless-m2m-market/analysis-forecast-2017/prweb10417246.htm
(c) 2013 PRWEB.COM Newswire
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]