Hear eleven Utility Case studies at SMi's 3rd annual Telecoms for Smart Grids conference | 23rd and 24th September 2013
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Network with Scottish Power, ESB, Scottish and Southern Energy, E.ON, Cisco, UK Power Networks, Alliander, Enel Distribuzione SpA, RWE AG, Stedin, Scottish and Southern Energy, Western Power Distribution and many more.
London -- SMi's 3rd annual Telecoms for Smart Grids conference will provide a working knowledge of modern Smart Grid telecommunication methods and technologies currently being deployed by today's electric utility companies. Technologies include a variety of data transport services and network architectures, including conventional two-way private radio systems, SCADA, protective relaying and the need for high voltage protection circuit reliability.
The two-day programme will emphasise the importance of physical and electronic security in maintaining grid operations while ensuring that regulatory compliance requirements are met with eleven Utility Case Studies provided. Additionally, a complete overview of technologies used to monitor and control wide area transmission and distribution power grids will be featured and includes fibre optics (SONET-DWDM, RPR), wireline, (DSL, WAN, MPLS, LAN-Ethernet) wireless, (Mesh, WiMAX, LTE, HSPA, GPRS, Zigbee, WiFi, Satellite VSATs, cellular, terrestrial microwave), Broadband Power Line, and Power Line Carrier systems unique to the Smart Grid.
Key points of discussion for this year's 3rd annual Telecoms for Smart Grids conference include 11 UK and European Utility case studies, discussing:
- Connectivity requirements for the deployment of Smart Metering, Distribution Network upgrades, and Substation Automation
- Data Communications and how they will be managed
- Connectivity and Selection Criteria
- Coping with increased demand electricity
- Private mobile networks
- Design and implementation
- End to end testing
- Data Optimisation over RF Mesh networks
Key Speakers include:
- Ashley C. Brown, Counsel to Greenberg Traurig, and Executive Director Harvard Electricity Policy Group, Harvard University
- David Ross Scott, Industry Relationship Manager, Scottish Power
- Denis O'Leary, Head of Smart Energy Technologies, ESB
- Gordon Hewitt, ICT Project Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- Marcus Smith, Solutions Architect, Cisco
- Markus Hofsaess, Technology & Solutions, E.ON
- Tim Manandhar, Low Carbon Solutions Design Manager, UK Power Networks
- Erik Moll, Telecom Policy Advisor, Alliander
- Giovanni Coppola, Innovation Manager, Enel Distribuzione SpA
- Gunnar Hoffman, Manager of Technology Corporate R&D, RWE AG
- Milo Broekmans, Senior Enterprise Architect, Stedin
- Nigel Bessant, Project Delivery Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy
- Sanna Atherton, Senior Project Manager, Western Power Distribution
Get Smart with Business Process Models Post-Conference Workshop
Led by Hippo Software | 25th September 2013, London, UK
Smart grid projects introduce new technologies and ways of working that need to be incorporated into existing infrastructure and established businesses. This interactive workshop teaches delegates how to understand and document business processes; and assess the impact of change on the business - to prepare and enable the business to implement and support new and innovative technologies.
For more information, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013telecomsforsmartgrids8.asp
Alternatively, contact Aaron Jackson on tel: +44 (0) 20 7827 6064 or email ajackson(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]