Kenya Mobile and Fixed Telecommunications 2014-2018: Steady Growth Expected as Operator Dynamics Set to Change
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dxkvpv/kenya_steady) has announced the addition of the "Kenya: Steady Growth Expected as Operator Dynamics Set to Change" report to their offering.
This report offers a precise, incisive profile of Kenya's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from research in the Kenyan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- Accounting for 84% of telecom services revenue in Kenya, the top two operators are Safaricom and Airtel Kenya, whose core businesses are mobile operations. At the time of writing, both Orange and yuMobile are looking for new owners. Changes in ownership for both companies could have a significant impact on the structure of the market, as new owners are more likely to spend money on infrastructure and marketing.
- Adoption of 3G networks in Kenya is at 16% of the mobile subscription base. This is projected to grow as operators continue to expand their networks. Although there has been a great deal of discussion concerning the rollout of LTE, so far none of the operators has been issued a license. The rollout of LTE is expected to begin in 2015 and the total number of subscriptions to reach over 1million by 2018, which will be over 2% of total mobile subscriptions in Kenya.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities to try and increase unique mobile user penetration in rural areas. Vendors should position themselves for the expected 3G network upgrade and the rollout of LTE over the next year or two.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Market and Competitor Overview
- Kenya in a Global Context
- Economic, Demographic and Political Context
- Regulatory Environment
- Demand Profile
- Service Evolution
- Competitive Landscape
- CAPEX Opportunity Highlights
- Segment Analysis
- Mobile Services
- Fixed Services
- Pay TV
- Identifying Opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dxkvpv/kenya_steady
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Telecommunications and Networks (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp?cat_id=20&campaign_id=dxkvpv)
(c) 2014 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To Cloud Computing 's Homepage ]