Cloud-native AI and cybersecurity solutions provider Blue Hexagon recently revealed a new integration for the Amazon Web Services (News - Alert) network firewall, offering real-time threat detections to protect against online attackers.
The digital world has experienced a massive rise in malicious software and widespread hacks over the last 15 months, prompting many industry leaders to devise new strategies for advanced security protections. Developers at Blue Hexagon recognized this unfortunate reality, prompting them to devise a new solution that helps business customers spot and stop suspicious activity before significant damage is done.
“This integration with AWS Network Firewall builds on our existing partnership with AWS for comprehensive cloud security,” said Nayeem Islam, CEO and Co-founder, Blue Hexagon. “Blue Hexagon’s industry leading network-based cloud threat detection complements the core firewalling functions provided by AWS Network Firewall, and provides real time protection against both known and unknown network threats.”
According to Blue Hexagon officials, the new AWS integration offers the following technical capabilities for added cloud network security:
- Stop known and unknown malware/ransomware downloads
- Terminate Command-and-Control (C&C or C2) connections over multiple protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, DNS
- Terminate data exfiltration via hard-to-detect TTPs such as DNS exfiltration
- Terminate Cryptomining detected via network behaviors
- Terminate unauthorized activity such as port scans, lateral movement, E-W discovery and attacks over SMB and other protocols
- Stop malicious Cloud Activity (asset discovery, enumeration, privilege escalation) from malicious IPs
Edited by Maurice Nagle