This week, Enterprise software developer Adaptive Computing announced an upgraded version of the On-Demand Data Center(ODDC) Intelligent Cloud Management Platform.
The ODDC platform has become a popular solution for cloud management, offering enterprises the ability to leverage public cloud provider resources, without requiring a contract with a cloud provider. This provides customers a more cost-effective approach to managing data clusters, and also allows customers to only pay for resources that are actually utilized.
- Accounting Reporting: Admins can track the cloud usage per user or each job.
- A new version of TORQUE that is planned to be GA with the next Moab HPC Suite release scheduled within the next 6 months.
- Enhanced security with defined Administrator and User roles.
- Cluster collaboration: One admin with an infinite number of users.
- Enhanced integration with ODDC Connect and Moab.
- Fully RDMA integrated with InfiniBand.
- New pause feature: Compute instances are stopped instead of terminated and can be restarted instead of being rebuilt and redeployed.
“While Adaptive Computing works with all the major cloud service providers in both HPC and Enterprise, we are particularly excited about our close partnership with Oracle Cloud.” commented Art Allen, CEO, Adaptive Computing. “It is a win-win situation for our customers and prospects who want HPC in the Cloud. Together we are offering superior capabilities at the most competitive price.”
Edited by Maurice Nagle